Australia's first joint Anglican and Catholic College
St Columba College, located in the Northern Suburbs of Adelaide, is the first joint venture, coeducational school in Australia. It was established in 1996 as an ecumenical initiative of Archbishops, Ian George and Leonard Faulkner, at that time the Anglican and Catholic Archbishops of Adelaide.
Established first as a Primary School, it is today a major R -12 College hosting over 1400 students and 160 staff.
It is renowned for being committed to maintaining high standards in all areas of College life. It takes pride in its student's achievements, be that in academic programs or in vocational education and training.
The essence of College life is summed up in its vision: "To nurture in our students and the community, a close relationship with God, a passion for living and a life-long love of learning."
To support this the College is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, resources and excellent staff. It is a College where people are at its heart. It is a place where students are cared for, respected and loved. Students in turn have pride in the College and a sense of belonging, nurtured by structures of the highest standard for their pastoral care.
The College is governed by a Council made up of equal representation from the Anglican Church, the Catholic Church and the College's Parent body.
Everything the College does emanates from its Christian heritage and its Anglican and Catholic traditions.
Our priority is that our students are both educationally successful and personally happy.