At St Columba College, we are committed to partnering with parents on the educational journey of their child/ren. We invite parents to take an active role in supporting the College's educational program.
The College offers parents many opportunities to be involved in life of the College, by:
- Being a member (elected) of the College Council
- Supporting classroom activities - listening to children read, working on story writing etc.
- Sharing particular talents - musical/artistic/sporting etc.
- Supporting excursions/camps etc.
- Coming together for special interest groups and parent seminars
- Supporting student work experience placement
- Attending Open House and Learning Conversation evenings
- Sharing student achievements at Academic Assemblies and End-of year Presentation Evenings
- Sharing in whole school events, including Liturgies, Sports Carnivals and concerts.
St Columba College takes great pride in its own community and the northern region of Adelaide. We are the focal point of a number of key community-based initiatives in partnership with local community groups, including Anglicare and St Vincent de Paul, and our local parishes. Our College’s gymnasium has been designed to incorporate a host of community and after hours activities.